Monday 22 December 2014

Pete the Cat Saves Christmas

There are so many interesting books for Christmas that it is hard to pick one favorite. But i have fallen in love with Pete the Cat. He has been a regular visitor in our class this year and the kids adore him. So when i got my hands on the book "Pete the Cat Saves Christmas", i couldn't wait to read it in class.
The book is written in simple language and has bright illustrations. 

 

 

The author also makes Pete sing a fun song just like he does in all his stories. I love this idea because the whole class gets involved during the read aloud and it catches the attention of non listeners.

Click on the link:  Pete Saves Christmas Story.mp3 to hear the story and the song.

I had to do a craft and writing activity along with it. I got the idea from a blog called Inspired by Kindergarten.
The children wrote what is their favorite thing about Christmas.

I also found a great activity from 'First grade hip hip hooray'. I love activities which allow children to put on their thinking caps. It was amazing to see children reflect on the story. My kiddos did a great job considering they are all just beginning to write.


My kids thoroughly enjoyed the book and the activities.There are many more fun activities based on this book and this book is worth adding to your collection of Christmas books.

No comments:

Post a Comment