Monday 12 January 2015

New Year


New year wishes to all my readers. I know its coming a tad late but i was so busy soaking in all the fun and excitement of the holiday season that i couldn't bring myself to be near any mode of technology. I rang in the new year in the largest salt desert in the world and of course was mesmerized by its size and beauty.

 
 And the fact that i could practice the art of doing nothing there added to my joy.
But now i am back in full action as school reopened today. Even though i cherish quiet time, i also look forward to the noise and chatter that school brings with it. My little ones were full of stories to tell but to listen to 26 kids at the same time can be a daunting task. 
So to give everybody a chance to speak, i made my kiddos sit in a circle and asked them to listen closely. I told them them that i would pose questions in the middle to see who was listening and whoever could answer would get my magic sprinkles which would make them sharper and smarter. Alright you have to be a 5 Year old to believe that!
So if a kid said i spent my holidays in my grandparents home, i would ask the kids after some time to name the friend who said that. It surely tickled my kiddos and my goal of getting everyone to listen got accomplished.

We also discussed why people made goals during the new year and talked about things we would like to learn in this year.



If you would like to use this idea, you can copy the image below and enlarge it on a word document.

Hope you all had a great start to the new year. I will be back soon with more ideas to help you make the educational journey of your little ones more fun  !





No comments:

Post a Comment