Wednesday 30 September 2015

Three Little Pigs- Weekly Wednesday Book Talk

The story of  "Three Little pigs" is a classic which no one needs an introduction to. This was my favorite story as a kid and I loved playing the big bad wolf. And whenever I tell this story to little kids I get to relive all the fun memories of my childhood.


I love the ladybird collection of these old tales. The illustrations are bright and fresh and the text is simple to understand.
This story book provides a fantastic chance for role playing and retelling.
We ended up doing a lot of craft work too with this book.
First the kids made the 3 houses of the pigs. For the straw house, they used noodles/spaghetti. For the stick house, ice cream sticks came handy and for the brick house, I simply cut some red paper.


Then the kids made the big bad wolf!

We made the pig snouts with pieces of egg carton. The kids just didn't want to take them off!

They also matched the right pigs to the correct house type. I got the cards from HERE.

We ended this story unit by retelling the story. We cut the pictures and stuck them in the correct order.
After listening to the story of the 3 little pigs, this freebie is great for students to retell and sequence the story independently, whole group, or small group.:
Get this Printable from Teachers Pay Teachers.

Hope you liked the activities. Weekly Wednesday Book Talk will take a little sabbatical from the month of October. I would be starting "Friday Fine Motor Activity Fun" soon. So do come back for ideas and printables to develop those little finger muscles of your kiddos.



No comments:

Post a Comment